Due to the current pandemic containment regulations, our museum will be closed from November 3rd to 30th 2020. There are also no guided tours possible at the moment.

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

 

 

Deutsch | Imprint | Contact

Home

The parish church "Our Lady" occupies a special pastoral and historical position within the Archdiocese of Salzburg. On the one hand it is the original parish of the Lungau and on the other hand it has been a traditional place of pilgrimage for centuries.

This explains why a representative church was built here in a geographically isolated area, which has been richly endowed with relics, liturgical equipment and votive offerings.

In order to make these precious treasures, especially the silver reliquary altarpiece from pastor Peter Grillinger from 1443, adequately accessible to the public, a museum was opened in the Mariapfarr vicarage, which was opened in December 2002.